Some short news items:
- The Board is asking members to respond to a short survey. KHC Member Survey
- Roland Neave is hiking all of the trails in his book Exploring Wells Gray Park and has been inviting KHC members to join him. Here is the plan for the rest of the month – Exploring Wells Gray (pdf).
- We have redone all user accounts on the website, resulting in new usernames and passwords. Dave Schmidt has emailed the information to members, but if you have trouble with the login, contact Dave at email@example.com. Once you have logged in, you can edit your profile (uppermost right) and change your password, add your phone number, upload an avatar, etc.
- The website assigns you an avatar if you don’t upload your own image. To add your avatar, Edit Your Profile> Upload Photo (at the bottom).
- The KHC Photo Contest starts October 1st, 2014. For details, go to the 2014 Photo Contest page.
- As fall approaches hike leaders are now posting new events. Check the website often for an update. KHC has been gradually moving to more events with smaller groups, although a couple of leaders will lead larger groups. The best strategy to book a place on a hike is to check the website regularly, comparing posted events to your personal schedule.
- We have replaced the Member Chat page with a more robust Forum system (link). Members can add a Topic or Reply to topics. Recent topics are displayed on the left side (click to read or reply).
- The website has not yet been optimized for mobile use. That work is planned for the next few days.