Some end of July news items:
- Our thanks to Katherine and Sheila for the Waterton Lake Camp. Kudos also to Doug for organizing the Downriver paddling events and Mahood Lake Camp.
- Our active hike leaders are the key to the success of the club. Please take the time to thank them.
- Our thanks to Anthony Stahn for webmaster duties and to Doug for news items/slideshows.
- KHC is a member of the Federation of Mountain Clubs of BC. Here is the July newsletter.
- The Kamloops Thompson Trails Alliance recently had a work party on the Skoatl Point trail. Our thanks to Al Michel and the KTTA.
- KHC’s photo contest this year (October) will be entirely hosted and displayed on Facebook, an easy platform for both organizers and photographers. More information to follow.
- More events will be posted as we move past the camps/backpacking/holidays season. Stay tuned.
Mid summer news items: 20 more tracks have been added to the GPX library (visible when logged in only) Some notes on Using Tracks in your GPS In our “KHC Wish List”, we are looking for more events that are … Continue reading
With smoke throughout the province, we have to be aware of air quality, especially for longer hikes in hot weather. Hike Leaders will update their events or contact the registered participants according to conditions. We can check on air quality … Continue reading
Some short July news items: July and August events include some summit hikes; leaders schedule these routes which are only open during the summer months A few of these summit hikes are difficult routes that challenge hikers with steep routes, … Continue reading
Katherine Roberts led a group into Monashee Provincial Park for a few days of backpacking, exploration, and camaraderie (with our thanks). Backpacking season is now fully underway! … Continue reading
Paddlers launched at the end of Westsyde and finished at McArthur Island on a hot summer’s day for this third event in the Downriver Series. … Continue reading
The KHC put on its very first Bear/Cougar Awareness Session last night (June 25). A small group of inquisitive members attended the informative event, led by the Kamloops Conservation Office. The two hour lecture brought better awareness of how to identify … Continue reading
Some short news items: FMCBC’s June E-News A You Tube Video of the Wheeler Hike by member Leah Lemaire For those going into the Stein River, here is an article by member Jeremy Markel – Lower Stein Valley Cougar and … Continue reading
Some short news items for mid-June: A big welcome to the Hike Leaders (Apprentice) Group to Gerry Hoye and Anton Stefanac. 🏃 A Bear Aware Session has been organized by Michelle Dressler for June 24, with our thanks. Watch for … Continue reading
Our last post provided some background information on our plans for 2015-2016. Here are some additional details: More information on 2016 KHC Memberships will be provided on the website in September 2015. Membership renewals will be available for current active … Continue reading