Some brief news items:
- FMCBC’s seasonal magazine – Cloudburst_2015_Summer
- A big welcome to Frith Powell who will be helping with membership, starting this fall.
- The season’s backpacking trip start soon. Thanks to our hike leaders, especially Katherine Roberts who has gone to months of work to organize the trips.
- For June hikes, bring repellant for hikes, bikes, and paddles. Bring your sunscreen too.
- A good practice while out on hikes is to leave your backpack on the trail when you go off for a bathroom break into the bush. That lets others know where you are and to wait for you.
- KHC has joined the Kamloops Natural Areas Advisory Committee. Thanks to Sheila Powell for taking on the role as our rep.
- Hike leaders have been provided with a tool that allows them to check up on land use and ownership for future hiking routes. Members can also use the government website – Imap BC.
- Paddling season is well underway. on our lakes and rivers Paddlers are encouraged to review KHC’s paddling guide – KHC Paddling