Kamloops Hiking Club welcomes Guests, but the Club now has a lot of members who want the first right to book a place on a club event.
For a Guest (non-member) to join an outing, he/she must:
- have a club member sponsor the Guest for an event (they book 2 spaces) (or the Hike Leader can choose to sponsor a Guest)
- if the hike leader has indicated Guests are welcome for the particular event in the event listing (since spaces for members are a priority, a full event may have no room for Guests)
- Note – non-members can contact the Hike Leader using the listed contact information in the event listing (mostly email)
So, if there is room for a Guest:
- register (below) and forward the email confirmation to the event leader
- complete an e-waiver (click the Smart Waiver button) and forward/email the confirmation email to the event leader
- pay a Guest Fee of $5 (the member should give it to the hike leader at the meet-up spot or use Paypal)
Kamloops Hiking Club’s policies were developed to protect both the Club and the Event Leader. Some policies regarding Guests to note are:
- Minors (under 19) may participate as a Guest, but under BC laws, the waiver is not legally valid for a minor so an Assumption of Risk form must be completed; See the Minors page for more information
- Adult Guests are normally limited to three events with the club
- Members may invite a Guest to a listed event and will register them for the event. The inviting (sponsor) member is responsible to ensure that the Guest has read the event listing, completes the waiver, forwards the confirmation emails, pays the fee, and stays with the Guest during the event. Members are encouraged to choose events that are not full to ensure that members have the first chance to participate in the event. The Event Leader may intervene in approving the booking if required. A Guest would normally be permitted to join up to 3 vents per year. The Board recognizes that visiting family members or friends of members may be permitted to join more than one event during a period of not more than 2 weeks. In this case, a waiver and a $5 fee for each event is still required. The Event Leader may still intervene in approving the booking if the event space is needed for members.
The Hike Leader may be the “sponsor” of guest(s) and will be responsible for those guests, waivers, fees, etc. by adjusting the event size. The Board reserves the right to intervene in an event that is not in the best interests of the Club, if required
- Guests with significant medical or health conditions or fitness issues are expected to disclose any risk conditions to the hike leader prior to the start of the event
- Guests may become a KHC member by following the procedure noted on the Membership page.
Fill out the form and submit. When you receive your confirmation email, forward it to the event leader. This must be done at least 2 days prior to the event
To contact us: Go to the Contact Us page.