Brocklehurst – Airport – Tranquille
Paved road to either end of the trail
The main trailhead is at the end of Aviation Road on the river side of the airport.
There is a second trailhead just off Tranquille Road on the west side of the Cinnamon Ridge Composting Facility.
Lots of parking at the trailhead.
Best to meet up at the trailhead.
Optimal Group Size
Any group size will work if the plan is to stay on-trail.
Suitable in all seasons. May be icy in January-February, though.
A good early season hike since it is one of the first areas to clear of snow.
The whole trail out-and-back is 10 km. A shorter route can be taken by turning around part-way out.
Flat and easy
10 km takes 2.5 to 3 hours
Suitable for all hikers
A well-used dog-walking area.
The main trail is well-signed and easy to follow. There are some side trails down to the beach. The route to Dale’s Antique Beach and beyond is a bit hard to find.
A good route for shoulder season.
- Article – The Rivers Trail
- PDF of the whole trail system – link
- Article – Dales Antique Beach
- Map – see below
- There are images in the media library – search term Rivers Trail
- compiled by D. Smith; send updates and corrections to firstname.lastname@example.org