The Kamloops Hiking Club gratefully acknowledges sponsors and supporters. Sponsors help the Club achieve its goals with cash or in-kind goods and services. Supporters offer discounts and additional services to Club members (full members).
Our 2017 Supporters:
- Federation of Mountain Clubs of BC – All members of KHC are also members of FMCBC; our insurance program and waivers are provided by FMCBC and the Club received a grant in 2013 to support the Isobel Lake project
Members should bring photo id to potentially receive retailer discounts, as follows:
- Atmosphere – (Summit Shopping Centre) – Atmosphere provides a 10% discount to members. Discounts apply to regular priced items only. No discounts apply to watercraft (eg. Kayaks)
- True Outdoors – True Outdoors offers a 10% discount to members. Discounts vary with items and stock categories. Please ask store staff what is and is not eligible when purchasing.
- Spoke ‘n Motion – Spoke n Motion offers a 10% discount to members.
- Big Boot Inn – Big Boot Inn includes hiking related footwear, such as Hi Tec, Timberland, Hanwag, Asolo, New Balance, Columbia, Ecco. This program also includes Darn tough socks. KHC member discount is 10% and you will need to show id.
- Red Wing Shoes – Red Wing program includes all Vasque product and Red Wing Merino wool socks. The KHC member discount is 10% and you will need to show id.
Other retailers can contact the president of the club to discuss additional opportunities for members by going here.
Notes for Members:
- links to the retailers’ websites are provided above
- each retailer will vary in its policies and discounts in store
- KHC sends a list of current KHC members (full members, not Basic members) once a month to each of our retailers
- members are asked to thank retailers as the opportunity arises