- A reminder that Sun Peaks offers a 20% discount on a hiking lift pass for members of the Kamloops Hiking Club.
- Our thanks to Sheila Powell, Ernie Carson, Gerry Hoye, John Moslin, Carole Pugle, Greg Arvidson, Paulette Gendron, Ed and Lois Hunter, Katherine Roberts, Tom Blackburn, Doug Smith and Paul Battjes for leading events in July.
- Many of our hike leaders are traveling, camping, or participating in camps so there will be less events overall in the summer.
- Area closures or smoky conditions may require cancellation or relocation of events. Check the listings for updates.
- Only 5 months to the first snowshoe of the season…
- Monday, July 17 – Flatiron/Needle Peak (S. Powell)
- Tuesday, July 18 – Mt. Assiniboine Backpack (P. Gendron)
- Monday, July 24 – Banff/Lake O’Hara Camp (K. Roberts)
- Tuesday, July 25 – Yoga/Power Walk/Swim (L. Rexin-Hunter)
- Wednesday. July 26 – Stake Lake Ramble (D. Smith)
- Sunday, July 30 – Kananaskis Adventure (S. Powell)
- Wednesday, Aug. 2 – McConnell Hill Ramble (D. Smith)
- Monday, Aug. 7 – Watching – Tranquille Ramble (D. Smith)
- Saturday, Aug. 13 – Glacier National Park Camp (Ed and Lois Hunter)
- Monday, Aug. 21 – Cathedral Lakes (S. Powell)
Note – Some events were left off the list since they were planned for areas currently closed.
photo – Carole Pugle
newsletter – D. Smith