- August is a month when many of our most active hikers (and hike leaders) are off to mountain base-camps. There will still be a few local hikes, though, so watch the website for listings.
- Best of luck to the leaders and participants in the various camps over the next month.
- Wells Gray Provincial Park is open again but check air quality forecasts before going north since the Dunn Lake fire and Elephant Hill fire may cause smoky conditions.
- New GPS tracks and maps (with downloads available) are being added to some of our trail hike locations. See the featured trails section below.
- Draft Events are events that are planned, but registration is not yet enabled. When the hike leader is ready to confirm the final details, he/she enables registration and removes Draft from the event listing. Each hike leader has a different time frame for doing this.
- We have 19 active hike leaders. Eleven of them are retired. All are volunteers.
- Wednesday, Aug. 2 – McConnell Hill Ramble (D. Smith)
- Wednesday, Aug. 9 – Watching – Tranquille Ramble (D. Smith)
- Friday, Aug. 11 – Glacier Park Camp (K. Roberts)
- Sunday, Aug, 13 – Glacier Camp (L. and E. Hunter)
- Monday, Aug. 21 – Cathedral Lakes (S. Powell)
- Monday, Aug. 21 – Monashees Backpack (R. Conway)
- Monday, Aug. 28 – Trophy One (J. Moslin)
- Monday, Aug. 28 – Spruce Lake Backpack (R. Conway)
- Wednesday, Aug. 30 – Illal Summit (J. Moslin, S. Powell, C. Pugle)
- Friday, Sept. 1 – Red Plateau Ramble (D. Smith)
- Sunday, Sept. 3 – Berg Lake (L. and E. Hunter)
photo – M. Dressler
newsletter – D. Smith