- Our Canada 150 Hikes are scheduled for this upcoming weekend. We would be pleased if you could join us on top of Mount Mara.
- Mosquito season has arrived. Plan accordingly.
- Orders for merchandise are going in soon so if you are interested, act now since a deadline is pending.
- The Farewell Tramp for Paul is a hiking event as part of a thanks/goodbye to Paul Battjes who is moving to the Kootenays in July.
- Our thanks to Greg Arvidson for his continuing leadership organizing kayaking events for KHC.
- KHC has received a $600 grant from FMCBC to partly fund improvements to the Dewdrop Trail. Our thanks to FMCBC.
- The newsletter is being published once a week on Sunday mornings. Subscribers get the newsletter by email and we are also posting it to Facebook. Members can comment to any newsletter (see the comment box at the bottom of each newsletter).
Kamloops Hiking Club organizes many events throughout every month of the year and members can select the ones that match their interests and abilities. For some that is only a couple of outings in a year and for others, it is a day each week over all 4 seasons. The value of the membership increases for those individuals who make the most of the opportunities offered by KHC.
But there is another benefit to being a member of a hiking club. When we go out on group hikes (inc. paddling and snowshoeing), we meet other hikers and over time, friendships form. Sometimes these social networks of like-minded people result in additional opportunities to hike, paddle, snowshoe, or travel in small groups. KHC organizes events, but members can expand that value to foster friendships, networks, and sharing.
KHC Upcoming Events
- Saturday. June 17 – Mount Mara Canada’s 150th (6 events)
- Wednesday, June 21 – Botanie Summit (D. Smith)
- Wednesday, June 21 – Raven Haven Hike (P. Gendron)
- Saturday, June 24 – Downriver: Pritchard to Lafarge (G. Arvidson)
- Saturday, June 24 – Mount Baldy and CB Tour (M. Dressler)
- Wednesday, June 28 – Lime Summit (D. Smith)
- Wednesday, June 28 – Peterson Creek City View Hike (P. Gendron)
- Wednesday, July 5 – Sunrise for Brunch (D. Smith)
- Thursday, July 6 – Sea to Sky Camping (T. Blackburn)
- Friday, July 7 – Eagle Pass Mountain (S. Powell)
- Saturday, July 8 – Farewell Hike for Paul (G. Hoye)
- Sunday, July 9 – Wedgemount Lake Backpack (T. Blackburn)
header image – Ed Hennan
newsletter – D. Smith