- Thanks to all KHC members and guests who hiked to the top of Mara Mountain for our Canada 150 event.
- Special recognition goes to Gerry Hoye who did the overall organization of the event.
- In support, KHC also appreciates the efforts of Michelle Dressler, Greg Arvidson, Lois and Ed Hunter, Sheila and Firth Powell, Doug Smith, John Moslin, Sam Chow, Ernie Carson, and the Kamloops Outdoor Club for getting 67 hikers to the top.
- We have a KHC member who is blind and wants to join in on some moderate KHC events. She has a seeing-eye dog but a hiker-guide is also a good idea. If you are interested in helping out, contact a KHC Director or hike leader.
- Final deadline for KHC merchandise is June 30 so order online if you are interested.
All of the alpine areas of the Interior are going to be later to clear of snow so hike leaders are hesitant to post events or to enable proposed events for registration. We also have to wait for word that the roads are driveable (ie Trophy Mountain, Eagle Pass Mountain, and others). For hike leaders it is a good idea to have a “Plan B” for posted events and to network with others about both road and trail conditions. Some areas of the province will not clear until August, reducing down this year’s alpine hiking season.
- Wednesday, June 21 – Botanie Summit (D. Smith)
- Wednesday, June 21 – Raven Haven Hike (P. Gendron)
- Saturday, June 24 – Downriver: Pritchard to Lafarge (G. Arvidson)
- Saturday, June 24 – Mount Baldy and CB Tour (M. Dressler)
- Sunday, June 25 – Frederick Bluffs (H. Gendron)
- Wednesday, June 28 – Lime Summit (D. Smith)
- Wednesday, June 28 – Peterson Creek City View Hike (P. Gendron)
- Wednesday, July 5 – Sunrise for Brunch (D. Smith)
- Thursday, July 6 – Sea to Sky Camping (T. Blackburn)
- Friday, July 7 – Eagle Pass Mountain (S. Powell)
- Saturday, July 8 – Farewell Hike for Paul (G. Hoye)
- Sunday, July 9 – Wedgemount Lake Backpack (T. Blackburn)
- Monday, July 10 – Jade Lakes (S. Powell)
- Wednesday, July 12 – Baldy Mountain Summit (D. Smith)
- Thursday, July 13 – Silver Star Mountain (S. Powell)
- Thursday, July 13 – Tenquille Lake Backpack (T. Blackburn)
- Sunday, July 16 – Hiker’s Choice (D. Smith)
- Monday, July 17 – Flatiron/Needle Peak Backpack (S. Powell)
- Tuesday, July 18 – Mt. Assiniboine Backpack (P. Gendron)
photos - E. Hennan newsletter - D. Smith contact us