- A mid-week Special Newsletter was sent to all members on May 31 regarding the upcoming events on June 17th.
- KHC is a member of Kamloops Sports Council. Here is their June newsletter.
- KHC is a member of the Federation of Mountain Clubs. Cloudburst magazine is published twice a year. Here is the Summer 2017 Cloudburst.
- Members are reminded that crossing CN tracks at Mount Mara or Cooney Bay can result in a fine. There are alternate access routes for both. Tranquille – Mara access
- Mosquito season has hit at mid-elevations now and it will not be long before higher elevations also be “buggy.” Hikers may want to carry the repellent of their choice on KHC hikes for the next 6 weeks. Windy open ridges are a good choice in bug season.
- Congratulations to Jeremy Markel who has taken on the role of Vice President with FMCBC.
KHC – Q and A #3
How does Requires Leader Registration work?
As noted earlier, a few events are listed this way to ensure the group can stick together on either difficult and long routes or on multi-day backpacks or camps. Members need to contact the Hike Leader to enquire about registration/participation and this may mean having some communications back and forth to make sure the event is the right one right for you and for the group. Most KHC events do not require this step.
What do I do if I forget my user name? What do I do if I lose my password?
Use the contact form (Contact Us) provided on the website for information on your username. Click Lost your password on the login screen for the steps to reset your password.
What do I do if I am a new member and I need some help with getting started?
Contact our New Members Liaison/Director, Gerry Hoye, or any KHC Director. Use the contact form provided on the website.
KHC Upcoming Events
- Wednesday, June 7 – Cocobonk (D. Smith)
- Saturday, June 10 – Floodlands Circuit (G. Arvidson)
- Saturday, June 10 – Flumes Trails (S. Chow)
- Wednesday, June 14 – Red Plateau Traverse (D. Smith) to be rescheduled
- Saturday. June 17 – Mount Mara Canada’s 150th (6 events)
- Wednesday, June 21 – Botanie Summit (D. Smith)
- Wednesday, June 21 – Raven Haven Hike (P. Gendron)
- Saturday, June 24 – Downriver: Pritchard to Lafarge (G. Arvidson)
- Saturday, June 24 – Mount Baldy and CB Tour (M. Dressler)
- Wednesday, June 28 – Lime Summit (D. Smith)
- Wednesday, June 28 – Peterson Creek City View Hike (P. Gendron)
header image – adapted from the Mono Challenge
newsletter – D. Smith