The weather is warming and we can now hike in both the lower and at middle elevations. A number of new events are now planned.
Canada’s 150th Hikes
- KHC is hiking to the top of Mara Mountain on June 17 to celebrate Canada’s 150th!
- Details are now being added to event listings on the website. There will be multiple groups coming from different trailheads at different times. Kamloops Outdoor Club and other community guests will be joining us. We will still be requiring waivers, but no fees will be charged. Members are encouraged to pick the specific group that best matches their interests and abilities and sign up through the website. If Members want to bring Guests, follow the steps noted on the Guests page.
- Special thanks to Gerry Hoye for planning this event.
- The Atmosphere chain of stores has discontinued their ‘Friends and Family Event’, due to changes at Head Office. The local Atmosphere on Columbia Street are hoping to plan a private event for our club members in the near future in which they will offer an ‘after hours’ shopping gala night, complete with demos, door prizes and club discounts on items in store. This special invitation will be posted once it is finalized.
- KHC has arrangements with a number of retailers. See the KHC Supporters page for more details.
- KHC uses photos from the Facebook group (KHC Members Only) for its newsletters, videos, slideshows, and promotions. Wherever possible we try to credit the photographer/owner. If the member does not wish the photo to be used, let us know, or better yet, do not include it in Facebook posts to that group. We try to be sensitive in our use of photos, but we also recognize the rights of individuals who own the photos and the rights of the subjects who may not want to have their image included.
- It is KHC’s expectation that the use of an image for other purposes requires the photo owner’s permission and appropriate credit given.
- Currently under review by the Board of Directors are the types of events that KHC offers. This is required for insurance purposes, risk management, and safety practices.
- Our thanks to Helen Gendron, Michelle Dressler, John Moslin, Carole Pugle, Greg Arvidson, Wendy Kineshanko, Gerry Hoye, and Katherine Roberts for organizing events in the last week.
- Wednesday, May 17 – Wheeler Explorer (D. Smith)
- Friday, May 19 – Howe Sound Camp and Hike (K. Roberts)
- Saturday, May 20 – Battle Bluff Eagles Hike (H. Gendron)
- Sunday, May 21 – Downriver – Lafarge to Pioneer Park (G. Arvidson)
- Wednesday, May 24 – Black Canyon Explorer (D. Smith)
- all events
Header photo and Newsletter by D. Smith