From time to time, we will provide some Questions and Answers about KHC:
Q and A #1
How are the group sizes set for events?
Hike leaders/organizers choose the group size according to a number of factors like how many people they are comfortable with, how many vehicles are needed for carpooling, the difficulty of the event, the capabilities of the group, and how difficult it is to keep the group together given the kind of route planned. The hike leader/organizer has full discretion with this choice.
Why are some events listed as Draft events?
Hike leaders/organizers may wish to lead an event, but most want to wait until closer to the event for a number of reasons. Their personal schedules may change. Events with long advance registration tend to have lots of cancellations. Other events may get posted requiring a reset of dates. Further research may be needed on access and conditions for the route.
What are “Requires Leader Registration” Events?
A few events are designated this way if the leader feels the event is too long/difficult/challenging for most hikers. With such routes, the group has to move together at the same pace for safety and to finish within a reasonable time. This choice is at the discretion of the hike leader/organizer.
- Two of our hike leaders are getting married this summer (to each other). Do you know which ones?
- The KHC Merchandise Program is winding down over the next month. A final order will go in and after that we will close down the sales operation for 2017.
- A number of Canada 150 events are posted for June 17th. Mark the date on your calendar to celebrate the date on top of Mount Mara.
- The next KHC Board Meeting is June 27th. The following Board meeting will be in the fall and registration dates for 2018 will be determined at that meeting.
- KHC is looking for new leaders who can lead moderate/easier weekend events. If you are interested, KHC has a leadership mentoring program. Contact us if you are interested.
KHC Upcoming Events:
- Wednesday, May 24 – Black Canyon Explorer (D. Smith)
- Saturday, May 27 – Downriver – Chase to Pritchard (G. Arvidson)
- Sunday, May 28 – Ross Moore – Bute Lakes Ramble (D. Smith)
- Monday, May 29 – Peterson Creek Evening Walk (S. Powell)
- Wednesday, May 31 – The Ragged Red Ridge Explorer (D. Smith)
- Saturday, June 3 – Johnson Lake Trails (K. Roberts/S. Chow)