- Sara Rose Jackson was the first person to walk the entire length of the Great Trail – 21500km. Here is an article on her achievement.
- Hikers are reminded to avoid perfumes and scented products when hiking with the Club. Some members are sensitive to these scents and it is not easy to follow someone for hours when this happens. There are a number of courtesies that need to be balanced with any group so we will remind members about these expectations on a regular basis.
- Congratulations to Bruce Bunko on his retirement this summer and also to third-time grandfather Peter Frew.
- Minutes from the KHC Board meeting will be uploaded to the website in the coming week and a summary will be provided in next week’s newsletter.
- Kamloops-born award-winning journalist Andrew Findlay now lives in Courtenay. Here is his website.
- KHC photos are mostly shared as albums in the Facebook group Kamloops Hiking Club (Members Only). To see these collections, go the Facebook group, go the left side and click on Photos. Single photos are displayed so to see the Albums, click that tab on the upper left above the first photo. The albums are organized from most recent to oldest. To date, there are 643 albums on the Group site.
- From time to time some of these photos are eclectically selected for a slideshow video, uploaded to YouTube. The latest video is now available (link), embedded into this newsletter.
Updated Trail Information
- Sat, Nov. 18 – Sun Peaks McGillivray Lake Snowshoe – (Katherine Roberts)
Wed, Nov. 29 – Outer Inks Ramble – (Doug Smith)
Wed, Nov. 29 – Pineview Trails – (Paulette Gendron)
Sun, Dec. 3 – KHC Leaders Recognition Dinner – (Michelle Dressler)
Tue, Dec. 5 – Snowshoeing Workshop – (Doug Smith)
Wed, Dec. 6 – www@dec. 6 – (Doug Smith)
Fri, Dec. 15 – www@Dec. 15 – (Doug Smith)
Wed, Dec. 20 – www@dec. 20 – (Doug Smith)
Wed, Dec. 27 – www@Dec. 27 – (Doug Smith)
Wed, Jan. 3 – www@Jan. 3 – (Doug Smith)
Wed, Jan. 10 – www@Jan. 10 – (Doug Smith)
Sun, Apr. 8 – Backpacking Essentials Seminar – (Katherine Roberts)
Sun, Apr. 15 – Trans Canada Trail - Princeton to Coalmont – (Doug Smith)
photo - D. Smith (Zoa)
newsletter - D. Smith