- Our thanks to Cathy McLeod’s office and RMR Performance for supporting our Canada 150 event.
- A last reminder that the deadline for merchandise orders is June 30.
- KHC’s Board of Directors has its summer meeting this upcoming week. Feedback and suggestions are always welcome. hike leaders are welcome to attend the meeting.
- Our best wishes for Paul Battjes for his positive contribution fo KHC. Paul is moving to the Kootenays in the month ahead.
As we shift into summer the types of events KHC offers changes. A number of our hike leaders are either leading backpacking events or are part of a backpacking event. Some of our leaders are are off camping and hiking. A few of the day hikes are “destination hikes,” requiring a long drive out and back and pa long hike, often to the summit of a mountain. A few in-town moderate day hikes are also offered, but for much of the summer, there will be proportionally less with some many of our leaders camping, backpacking, and climbing to the tops of mountains.
- Tuesday, June 27 – Reinecker Creek (C. Pugle/J. Moslin)
- Wednesday, June 28 – Lime Summit (D. Smith)
- Wednesday, June 28 – Peterson Creek City View Hike (P. Gendron)
- Sunday, July 2 – Pinantan Lake Paddle (G. Arvidson)
- Wednesday, July 5 – Sun Peaks (S.Powell)
- Thursday, July 6 – Sea to Sky Camping (T. Blackburn)
- Friday, July 7 – Eagle Pass Mountain (S. Powell)
- Saturday, July 8 – Farewell Hike for Paul (G. Hoye)
- Sunday, June 9 – Godey Creek Trails (M. Dressler)
- Sunday, July 9 – Wedgemount Lake Backpack (T. Blackburn)
- Monday, July 10 – Jade Lakes (S. Powell)
- Monday, July 10 – High Five Day at Sun Peaks
- Wednesday, July 12 – Westsyde Hills (S. Powell)
- Thursday, July 13 – Silver Star Mountain (S. Powell)
- Thursday, July 13 – Tenquille Lake Backpack (T. Blackburn)
- Monday, July 17 – Flatiron/Needle Peak Backpack (S. Powell)
- Tuesday, July 18 – Mt. Assiniboine Backpack (P. Gendron)
- Wednesday, July 19 – Banff/Lake O’Hara Camp (K. Roberts)
- Monday, July 24 – Yak Peak (S. Powell)
photo – C. Pugle
newsletter – D. Smith