— FEATURE PHOTO —
Feature photo by Doug Smith on a snowshoe with KHC at the Dogwood Marshes.
— UPCOMING EVENTS —
Here are the events coming up in the next week:
Moul Falls – Frozen (Tom Blackburn) – Tue, Dec. 20
email@example.com – Lodgepole Lake (D. Smith) – Wed, Dec. 21
South Hull Snowshoe (Doug Smith) – Fri, Dec. 23
Stake Lake – Bushwacker Basalt Bluffs (Sam Chow & Katherine Roberts) – Mon, Dec. 26
— RECENTLY ADDED EVENTS —
Here are the latest events added by our leaders:
Clearwater River Trail: 3rd Canyon – Spahats Falls (Wells Gray) (Tom Blackburn) – Sat, Jan. 28
Pyramid Mountain (Tom Blackburn) – Sat, Jan. 21
Gerry’s Gyrations, Lac du Bois (Gerry Hoye) – Thu, Jan. 5
Flatiron Summit (Doug Smith) – Wed, Mar. 29
Iago Summit (Doug Smith) – Wed, Mar. 22
Larch Hills Snowshoe (John Moslin, Carole Pugle) – Sun, Jan. 1
Clearwater Peak (Tom Blackburn) – Sun, Jan. 8
Moul Falls and Dawson Falls – Frozen (Tom Blackburn) – Sat, Jan. 14
Zoa Summit (Doug Smith) – Wed, Mar. 15
firstname.lastname@example.org (D. Smith) – Wed, Feb. 22
Be sure to check the website regularly for newly added events. They upcoming four are featured on the home page and the rest can be found by clicking the link to New Events. Also, be sure to check for last minute cancellations if the event your are interested in is fully booked.
— NEWS ITEMS —
Season’s Greetings from the Club President
As the end of 2016 year quickly approaches us, I personally wanted to thank all our club leaders for hosting/leading some wonderful events for our members this year. The club posted 295 events, including workshop/clinics and social events. Every year our club pursues to surpass its’ previous year for the amount of events posted, but that could not be done without our great leaders. So a BIG applause and a hearty THANK-YOU to all 27 of our active club leaders for doing such outstanding leading!
I would also like to extend another HUGE round of applause and bow of gratitude to our amazing board of directors. Without their passion, integrity and endless volunteer time to keep our club of nearly 250 members operating smoothly, we would be at a loss. Though my position as President has only a few months, I am dearly indebted to each and everyone of you who have made a difference in the club and supported myself, and each other, throughout the year. I wish everyone a safe, healthy and happy 2017!
Reminder of Membership Cards
Membership cards are still required to be shown at all vendor locations along with photo ID until the end of Dec 31, 2016. The new rule of producing photo ID and corresponding it with a membership list, takes effect January 2, 2017. Though it is the club’s responsibility to issue the list, it is the vendor’s responsibility to enforce their staff to have it printed and ready in the new year.
Some brief notes for our new and existing members
- new members accounts enabled Jan. 1/2
- 2017 events enabled after Jan. 1 so watch for the events on the website
- successful booking practices – see https://www.kamloopshikingclub.net/help/successful-bookings/
- book responsibly – frequent cancellations are inappropriate
- cancel early if you can; no-shows are unacceptable
- hike leaders may contact new members to enquire about fitness, experience, and preparation for a listed event
- there are no waiting lists for events; book early and/or watch for cancellations
- hike leaders do not normally contact interested participants who comment to the event
- contact the event leader if you are unsure if the event is right for you
- watch the event listing and check in the last 24 hours for updates
- reminder email will be sent to participants to days in advance; this is a good time to check for updates, cancel, comment, or review plans
- KHC Guidelines and Expectations – always worth another read
- members can participate in discussions by going to the Forums
- events can also be viewed in Calendar format
Celebrate Canada’s 150th anniversary with KHC
Our friend and leader Gerry Hoye is celebrating Canada’s 150th anniversary by leading or participating in 150 club activities for the year. He is starting off by leading up to 3 snowshoes/hikes a week. Grab your boots and join Gerry and the rest of KHC next year to complete this lofty goal!
— ARTICLE SPOTLIGHT —
Random snowshoe video to inspire you
— CONTACT —
If you have any news you would like to share with the club or have any suggestions of what you would like to get out of the news articles, please contact email@example.com.