— FEATURE PHOTO —
Feature photo by Cindy Kohnert during a hike in the Lac du Bois Grasslands.
— UPCOMING EVENTS —
Here are this week’s upcoming events:
Blind Bay to White Lake Trail (Clive G) – Sunday
Outer Dewdrop Loop (D. Smith) – Sunday
Jag Hill Loop Δ (Sheila Powell) – Tuesday
Two-2 Trek ~ Mission Flats (Michelle Dressler) – Tuesday
Mara Scrambles Δ (D. Smith) – Wednesday
Harper Ridge (Sheila Powell) – Saturday
— NEW EVENTS —
Be sure to check the website regularly for newly added events. They upcoming four are featured on the home page and the rest can be found by clicking the link to New Events.
— NEWS ITEMS —
Upcoming board of directors Meeting
The first meeting of the new board of directors will be held this Monday. Updates from the board including assigning of remaining duties will be made available to the club following the meeting.
Newsletters from related clubs
- The Alpine Club of Canada has published their latest newsletter. You can find it by going here: https://www.alpineclubofcanada.ca/community/gazette/
- The FMCBC is looking for a cover photo for the next issue of Cloudburst magazine to be published in May. Members and directors are welcome to send their submissions to Alanna Mahr using the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. They are looking for summer shots that include people hiking, backpacking, camping, trail running, climbing etc. and should be in portrait orientation (or at least 2000px wide if landscape).
- The FMCBC has also published their March newsletter which can be found here: FMCBC March Newsletter
Minor website update notes
- Now when booking for an event an iCal link is included in your confirmation email. Use this link to add the event to your own calendar. Just click the link on your phone or computer.
- Site now uses HTTPS to be more secure. We have added support for SSL on our website. If you didn’t notice that’s a good thing. If you have any issues using our site, please contact email@example.com.
— ARTICLE SPOTLIGHT —
Here is a helpful video on trail etiquette. Sometimes we all need to be reminded.
— CONTACT —
If you have any news you would like to share with the club or have any suggestions of what you would like to get out of the news articles, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.