Some short news items for mid-June:
- A big welcome to the Hike Leaders (Apprentice) Group to Gerry Hoye and Anton Stefanac. 🏃
- A Bear Aware Session has been organized by Michelle Dressler for June 24, with our thanks. Watch for a listing for this event.
- Most of the paddle events for the Downriver Series are now posted. Three of the legs have been completed. More information on the Downriver Series (link).
- Hike Leaders have asked that all participants carefully read the event listing. We want our hike leaders to be well-prepared, but we also want our hiking group to be equally ready.
- No-shows are a big no-no so please cancel in a timely fashion or communicate with the Hike Leader appropriately. We want all of our members to be reliable and responsible.
- New Events are featured in the top left widget and possibly on Facebook. Check the website for these newly posted events.
- All Hike Leaders and Participants are encouraged to check the event listing over the last 3 days to look for updates and to add comments as needed.
- If you want to bring a Guest check the Guests Allowed? line in the event listing. If it says “contact the hike leader” contact them by email or comment, then follow the steps listed below (Guests Policy). The reason we restrict Guests in our events is to provide those spaces for our members. If the event is not going to fill up, Guests can be added more easily.
- Inactive members are encouraged to contact a Board member if they are having challenges (link).