A number of September news items are featured here:
- Membership renewals for 2016 start October 1st. Watch the website for details. New member registration starts November 1st. The Board meets in October to discuss the membership cap and other KHC business. If you want some input, contact a Board member (link).
- KHC is a charter member of the Kamloops Thompson Trails Alliance and supports trail maintenance in our area in partnership with BC Parks, BC Rec Sites and Trails, Overlander Ski Club, and KTTA partners. Two fall events are now posted (Isobel Lake and Bushwacker Trail) and members are needed to help .
- BC Parks has asked for public input on the establishment of the South Okanagan National Park Preserve and FMCBC has asked for KHC’s stance on the issues. We have indicated our support and will be attending meetings over the next month.
- Some members who use a tablet or smartphone as the primary means of logging in to the site sometimes have trouble with registering for events. They are advised to try switching between mobile version and desktop version settings on the device. For tablets, hold the device horizontally to see the “I agree…” checkbox. The widgets on the sidebar may be hard to see on some small screen devices, so pick the Events Calendar page to get to the detailed events (or even better, use a desktop or laptop computer).
- The last KHC camps were hosted in Yoho National Park this week. Both were successful in spite of the weather challenges. Our thanks to the event leaders Katherine and Sheila. Some photos are shared here: