A few notes of news:
- Registrations are still being processed. We hope to complete soon.
- We have had a great response to the Peak Series this year. Please remember to submit your form by the end of November if you have completed 5 or more Peaks Series hikes.
- KHC will be joining The Santa Claus Parade this year. All members are welcome and there are still spots available to join.
- KNAAC General Meeting was held November 17th, 2015. Here are some brief notes;
- Petersen Creek park. There was a discussion to secure trails in Froelek parcel; trails currently accessible by “handshake” agreement such as Billy Miners Trail, also access from Sahali Terrace. A letter will be drawn up to request a meeting with city planners to discuss a merger giving more secure access with the landowners.
- Dallas-Barnhartvale trails – there has been illegal dumping and lack of clean up. The wetlands committee will continue to plant native shrubs and plants.
- Valleyview Park – Continued development of sanctioned existing trails.
- Kenna Cartwright – there has been activity by Suncor (flagging and spray paint) and the city representative is trying to contact Suncor about this. Hydro will be putting in a new substation on existing KFR training grounds. There is a proposal to make a bike trail from Kenna Cartwright to Tobiano – there are many hurdles as there are many private properties that will have to be crossed as well as the railway.
- FMCBC November E-News is out. You can read it here: http://bit.ly/FMC-Nov15E-News