Some short January news items:
- With the big snowfall, snowshoe events are well-underway. As roads are cleared, new events can be posted.
- KHC is winding down its membership drive for 2015. As of Jan. 6th, 203 people have registered. About 185 of those are members-in-good-standing, that is, they have registered, paid fees, and completed the required waiver. Those members now have a site account and may participate in Club events.
- Of the 18 or so who have not completed waivers or paid fees, the final deadline for doing so is January 31 st. If we reach 200 members in good standing before Jan. 31, we will close down all registration processes for the year sooner.
- KHC could probably grow to 300 members or more, but the goal is to balance the number of event places with the number of interested members. There is no point being a bigger club if there are not enough events to support them. As our leadership grows, the Board can re-examine this goal.
- Many photos from Club events are posted to Facebook in 2 groups – Kamloops Hiking Club and KHC Members (Only).