Some short news items:
- The KHC AGM and Potluck is coming up soon. Please join us – link.
- There are now 3 widgets on the sidebar. The first one (Events) lists regular day events that are current and open for registration, but some of the events three months out are not yet enabled for registration.
- The second widget (2015 Camps and Backpacks) is separate because it requires advance planning and commitment. Some require advanced booking; some require a core of interested people before it can get off the ground. Some require review of holiday schedules months in advance. A few of these require contacting the event leader because of the unique nature of the event.
- The third widget (Draft Events) projects events 3+ months out. Since any event depends on a leader organizing the event, it is hard for many leaders to commit exact dates until closer to the proposed event. Once dates are confirmed, they can be moved to the main widget (Events).
- Some of our leaders can’t confirm their work schedule months in advance, so they can only list events in the first widget.
- One of the challenges KHC faces is that if events are opened up too early, people sign up just to hold a spot, then cancel, sometimes quite late. We want to avoid this negative cycle.
- More events appear each week. Check often to see what’s new.