A few short news items on KHC:
- The AGM and Potluck is set for March 20. We are hoping for a big turn-out for this annual event. Details can be found on the event listing.
- We will have our elections for the Board at the AGM. At that time, we will thank our retiring Directors. A few will allow their names to stand for nomination to serve for another year. Further nominations are being accepted right up to and including the meeting. Contact a current Board Member if you would be willing to serve on the Board of Directors.
- Katherine Roberts (firstname.lastname@example.org) is looking for more recipes and some photos for a KHC Cookbook. Contact her if you can help.
- KHC is always looking for leaders to lead slower/easy paced events so if you can help, please contact one of the hike leaders. Wendy Kineshanko (email@example.com) is willing to organize the event if someone who knows the route can lead the way.
- The new KHC Membership Policy is now in place, but KHC does not consider this to be a membership drive. Interested parties can join by becoming Guests, and over time, new members will be added at a gradual rate. The primary concern here is to ensure there are enough event spaces on events for our current members.
- Spring events are gradually being added. Scroll down the list on the right to see road cycling, mountain biking, hiking, and paddling events. Not every event is posted into the New Events widget (on the left), Events that are posted 5-8 weeks out may just be posted to the main Events widget on the right.
- We have been showing slideshows on the website, but we are going to shift those to an off-site server to keep our website running more efficiently. A KHC Youtube Channel currently has two videos/slideshows and more will be added. Photos are collected from Facebook to add to the slideshows/videos.
- KHC is starting to shift to less snowshoe events and more hiking events. For hikes, expect some mud or ice so bring traction devices, just in case. See you on the trails.