KHC started off with some snowshoeing events in the first week of January, 2018.
- On Jan. 1. D. Smith led a group from Lodgepole Lake in colder conditions. The group broke trail and did a 7 km loop. Our thanks to Peter Frew for breaking trail.
- On Jan. 3, John and Carole Moslin led a group of snowshoers onto the Ridge Lakes Trail. Thanks for support too from Ed and Lois Hunter.
- On Jan. 4, Mark Hopkins led his first group onto the Ironmask – Pineview Trails on snowshoes.
- On Jan. 5, Ernie Carson led a group for a night snowshoe in the McQueen Lake area. Welcome back to Bob Trudeau.
- On Jan. 6, D. Smith and G. Hoye led a snowshoe event for new members and novices at Stake Lake. We were pleased to meet 4 new members – Alannah, Deana, Leanne, and Barb.
- Also on Jan. 6, John and Carole Moslin led a group on the demanding Bushwhacker Trail loop.
- On Jan. 7, Tom Blackburn led a small group on a more difficult route in the Clearwater Valley with a side trip to the Spahats Canyon.
Special thanks to these hike leaders for making the first week an active one for our members!
A few photos are featured here. Click any one for a full-sized image.