Summer camps and backpacking continues through August and into the first half of September. A number of to-the-summit hikes are also scheduled. Many photos of these events are being posted on Facebook and a few find their way to a website slideshow.
In fall, the Board of Directors will meet to look ahead and the website will reflect any future direction for KHC. The general plan is as follows:
- September – a continuation of our hiking and paddling events as posted by hike leaders
- October – most events will be local, single day outings
- Membership renewals for 2016 will begin, available to current and active members
- November – we hike right through shoulder season into the winter
- November – new member sign-up begins, continuing until the membership cap is reached
- In 2015 the membership was capped at 200 people; the Board will review this number for 2016
- December – hiking continues through to mid-month
- Mid-December – non-renewing members accounts will be frozen and new members accounts will be enabled in time to register for January events
- Mid-December – snowshoeing starts when enough snow falls….
- Christmas season – a pause in events for KHC
- Late December – a few on-the-snow events will likely still be offered for 2015 members
- Late December – new members will be able to register for January events
- Some new-members-only events will be offered, starting in January
- 2016 – we anticipate hosting between 150 and 200 events/event days in the great outdoors!