NOTE: Registration for membership for the 2017 hiking year is now closed for 2017. KHC tries to balance the number of members with the number of event spaces available and this balance will be at 250 members for 2017.
Thanks for your interest in the Club
- Renewals for current members for the 2018 hiking year will start Dec. 1, 2017.
- New member registrations for 2018 will begin December 15, 2017.
- Guest registration, waivers, and policy link (page) – Guests
New Member Registration
- Once all steps are complete and once the overall registration process is completed, you will be contacted by email.
- Volunteers do this work so we are leaving them time to process the many waivers, registration forms, and payments as well as setting up all the new accounts.
- You will have a website account set up and the email will have your login and password.
- Memberships are for a calendar year from January 1st, 2018 to December 31 st, 2018.
- New registrations for 2018 will open in December.
- a user account on the website – allows bookings at events, post comments, manage your account
- participation in guided hikes
- participation in other events – backpacking, camps, kayaking, snowshoeing, workshops, etc.
- club activities are insured
- membership in the Federation of Mountain Clubs of BC ($10 value/cost)
- a liability insurance program
- email communications/newsletters
- social events
- discounts at local stores – link
- yearly membership cards are no longer issued by the club. KHC supporters have a list which they will check your name against.
- meet like-minded people on our scheduled outings
- We want to minimize admin responsibilities for the hike leader so we do not collect any forms, fees, etc., at events
- Members need to sign our Club Waiver online prior to the first event of the season, then annually. No Waiver, No Hike (no exceptions)
- The Board of Directors may limit the club size each year.
- Thanks for your interest in Kamloops Hiking Club.
- If you have questions, click here to contact us.