KHC has been very successful.
- We had 200 members by Jan. 20th, 2015, months before the most active season.
- Membership was capped at 200 through a resolution of the Board.
- We will be organizing about 190 events this year at the current rate.
- Every event is filling up.
- We have expanded the number of hike leaders from 2014.
- A wider variety of events are being posted.
- More of our members have been more active than in previous years.
- We are now getting about 750 visits to the website each day (compared to 275 in 2014).
From the 2014 AGM and the consensus of meetings/discussions of the elected Board of Directors, some broad goals were set:
- Cap membership at 200 for 2015 so that the number of event places matched the number of active members
- Grow the hike leadership program through a number of initiatives
- Expand the infrastructure of KHC through well-defined practices and policies, resources, and support mechanisms, all captured within a Standard Operating Procedures document, widely shared with Directors and Leaders, and accessible to the membership
As of March 2015, many events are being offered yet almost all events are full within a couple of days of being posted. What should the 2014 Board of Directors do about this issue? Stay the course? Adjust the membership cap? Change policies and practices? Introduce new measures?
The opportunity to share your thoughts and steer the future direction of KHC will be at the 2015 AGM and Potluck Dinner, scheduled for March 14th.