Logging into the Website
- your username is provided by the Club and will be emailed to you once your current year’s membership is in good standing (online registration submitted, fees paid, online waiver complete)
- a default password is provided to you by email
- login to the site to participate (Login is on the right side of the Menu bar)
- a simple Captcha-style feature is provided to reduce impacts from bots and spammers
- if you have lost your password, click Lost Your Password at the bottom of the login screen
- you must have a valid email to retrieve or change your password
Change your Profile (Password, Phone, etc.)
- login to the website with the username and password provided to you
- notice the black bar above the website page – at the top right is a Howdy, (your name)
- hover your mouse cursor over the Howdy….
- a box will appear – Click Edit My Profile
- scroll down to field(s) you want to change – make the change(s)
- Scroll down to the bottom and Click Update Profile
Change your Avatar
- From the Edit My Profile Screen, scroll down to Avatar
- Click Image > Browse
- Navigate to the image on your computer that you want and click Upload
- Update your Profile
- If you don’t add an image, the website generates a random monster avatar
Booking Spaces on listed KHC Events
- Click an Event on the sidebar
- Read the event listing carefully
- Scroll to the bottom and fill out the form and click Send Your Booking
- If the event is already full, you can’t book into the event.
- The website database tracks how many spaces are open in an event for us and adjusts automatically for new bookings and cancellations.
- There is no waiting list system
- The website only displays names of logged in users to protect privacy.
- The event will only show the names of the person who booked into the event, but not how many places he/she booked.
- You may comment if you wish
Cancelling a Booking
- Hover your Mouse Cursor over Events and notice the drop down sub-menu
- Click My Bookings
- Scroll down to the find the event. Click Cancel.
- You may comment to the event listing too, if you want to.
Navigating the Website
- Note the Menu Bar under the website header image
- Hover your Mouse Cursor over the listed pages
- sub-pages appear below
- click the page name to go to that page
- pages are KHC’s static content but there may be forms, links, images, and other info for members
- pages and posts (the central news items) may have links, which are usually blue in color (may be bold or underlined too)
- click the link for more information
- Anyone can subscribe to the websites posts, sent as emails.
Subscriptions are done by individuals signing up on their own through a third-party subscription service (WordPress/Jetpack).
Website owners have no access to the information, nor can they change a subscription.
When a person signs up, he/she will receive a confirmation email.
Once they click the “Confirm Follow” button, they’ll receive a notification of every future post by email.
Each email will have a link at the bottom to Manage Subscriptions, so they can unsubscribe at any time if they choose.
Also, if they ignore the confirmation email, they won’t receive anything from your site.
- To change an email address, unsubscribe first, then subscribe again with the new email address.